Hello Guest

wedding in Dubrovnik

• 133 Replies

Dermot

wedding
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2005, 03:35:18 pm »
I emailed the Labirint 3/4 times in the last couple of months but did not receive a reply from them.  :angry: !!  The venue that we were investigating turned out to be the Dubrovnik Palace.  Their menu's are a bit cheaper that the Labirint (based on last years prices) and they have a much better selection for their buffet.  I think we will have our reception there instead.  I have been told that you do not have to stay at the hotel to have a reception there but if you do they offer a room for the couple free of charge for the night & discounts for guests if they stay there too. They actually have a co-ordinator who can help organise reception/band/djs/flowers etc.  

Katrien

wedding
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2005, 10:47:09 pm »
Hello all,

I just wanted to say we have been helped in a fantastic manner by Dubrovnik Riviera weddings. The lady is called Nina and she speaks also German, which is great since my the family of my future husband only speak German!
I have also received references from her previous weddings, the couples I have spoken with spoke very well about her. I hope this can be of help!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 03:04:21 pm by admin »

wedding
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2005, 11:43:09 am »
Dermot - we are an Irish couple also hoping to get getting married in Dubrovnik next summer (July 2006) and are considering Labrinit for the wedding reception.  We've spent our last 2 summer holidays in Dubrovnik and both love the city so I've no doubt it is the place we want to get married but I'm completely torn over venues!!  
* I've had several lovely meals in Labrinit and Nautika - so both those are contenders (although the niteclub in Labrinit may swing that choice - our gang will be on for a big night out!).  Our numbers will be somewhere around 50 - does anyone know how many the terrace in Nautika will take?  From memory I can't imagine that it will take more than 30 / 35 guests?  

* We stayed in The Palace for 2 weeks this summer and really enjoyed it so I'm considering their VIP beach club as a possible venue.  
One tip on the Palace - make sure you request a bedroom as near to the top floor as possible - the hotel advertises that all rooms have seaviews, which they do, however our room was on the 5th floor and the sea view was totally obstructed by some very large trees!  Also, the bedrooms are quiet basic - not what you'd expect of a 5 star property - the Argentina bedrooms are far more plush (we stayed there summer 04).  However, I think the pool area, spa and general facilities in the Palace are nicer than the Argentina and regardless of where we have our wedding meal we will stay in The Palace - they have a fab swim up bar at the pool that I know our guests will LOVE!

* I believe the Sponza and Rectors Palace are 2 lovely wedding venues also.  Has anyone used either of the Palaces for a wedding and if so do you have any comments / feedback?  I think you have to pay a venue hire charge in addition to food and drinks - approx €1000 for 3 hours I'm told.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something nice to do for your guests the day after the wedding - maybe a boat tour around the islands?  Any ideas on how much this would cost?  

I've spoken to Croatia Tours and also Nina from Dubrovnik Weddings - I think Nina ideas are more origional and she offers more for your euro.  Having said that it is comforting to be able to pop down to Croatia Tours offices and speak to someone face to face so I'm not sure yet who will we go with to coordinate the wedding.

Will be glad when all these details / logisitics are sorted and we can start to look forward to the big day!

wedding
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2005, 01:30:44 am »
Wouldnt you be more comfortable knowing the person you are working with is actually in Dubrovnik? ... just a thought

wedding
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2005, 01:37:13 pm »
Dermot,
The sponza palace will not rent their facilities if you do not have a registered company in Croatia. We tried when we were there, they were very unkind. We are planning to have a boat trip the day after as well, I think the best is to go and see the 3 islands. I have received prices from 3 companies between 225 and 250 kuna p.p. We first tried to organise it all ourselves, but I start to believe it is better to go through an agency.
We have been talking to a company called travelhouse, they organise weddings in Croatia. Very nice lady! However, they are quite expensive when you choose Dubrovnik, for other destinations their prices were very good though. Our second contact was dubrovnik riviera weddings. They are cheaper and I really like their ideas. I have the impression they are flexible and very well organised. If the references will be fine, I see no reason not to work with an agency in Croatia.

Dermot

wedding
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2005, 05:49:33 pm »
We have decided on the Dubrovnik Palace for our reception & we are going to stay there also.  We got some great references from some people who had their wedding there and so we've booked the VIP beach/terrace.  Buffet, band/dj then hit the night club in the hotel!
For anyone considering using Croatia Tours - they work with a travel agency in Dubrovnik & we met their rep when in Dubrovnik earlier this year.  A very nice lady, as were all their staff, and so far we have had no problems.

wedding
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2006, 11:23:50 pm »
Can someone who used this board to plan their wedding update it with how things went?

carlos

wedding
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2006, 08:35:49 am »
Hi all,

I am from Ireland and am getting married in Dubrovnik next May.

We will have a party of about 40 to 50 people and would like to reserve a section in a restaurant for the evening, on the terrace if possible. As it is a wedding party we would like to stay late if possible. We've heard that restaurants stop serving at 11 but presume that they'll leave us stay on if we're drinking. Nautica are charging 200 euro per hour after 11pm to stay open.

We're looking for a restaurant that-
is lovely,
in the town centre,
has a terrace with views,
good food service
and reasonable prices.
will stay open until 1 or 2am (just so we can remain there, don't want food after 11pm).

We're planning to get married in St. Blaise's church.
Hotel- we don't have anywhere booked yet. We're seen brochures for the main hotels (argentina etc.)The Pucic Palace looks lovely but prices are too expensive.
Anyone recommend somewhere?

Any other information that would be useful would be much appreciated. I am visiting Dubrovnik this autumn to plan the wedding want to know what places to check out.
Cheers,
P
hi, i'm also planning to organize a wedding in dubrovnik.  have you decided on nautika? i was curious to find out how flexible they are about having music...i emailed nautika about reserving one of their terraces and they had quoted extra cost of reserving the terrace.  i wasn't quite sure if they were giving me the tourist price..my feeling was the cost of the menu should be the flat rate...no extra cost for the space...any suggestions would be helpful!

carlos

wedding
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2006, 08:47:47 am »
Dermot,
The sponza palace will not rent their facilities if you do not have a registered company in Croatia. We tried when we were there, they were very unkind. We are planning to have a boat trip the day after as well, I think the best is to go and see the 3 islands. I have received prices from 3 companies between 225 and 250 kuna p.p. We first tried to organise it all ourselves, but I start to believe it is better to go through an agency.
We have been talking to a company called travelhouse, they organise weddings in Croatia. Very nice lady! However, they are quite expensive when you choose Dubrovnik, for other destinations their prices were very good though. Our second contact was dubrovnik riviera weddings. They are cheaper and I really like their ideas. I have the impression they are flexible and very well organised. If the references will be fine, I see no reason not to work with an agency in Croatia.
do you mind sharing who you got your quotes from - assuming this is for the island trips for the wedding guests?

i'm trying to get an idea how much things are supposed to cost over there? for instance, if i have my wedding dinner at sponza...what is the estimated value?

Felixespixie

wedding
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2006, 10:41:07 pm »
Hi

I am planning a wedding in Dubrovnik for June 2007, I have come across 2 companys in ireland that organise weddings over there, one been Croatia Tours and the other irishweddingsabroad.ie, both were very helpful and I have not decided which to go for at the moment,

I have contacted both the croatian embassey here in ireland and the Irish consulate in Croatia and they have told me it is 100% legal to get married in dubrovnik and there is no time limit on how long you need to be there beforehand, the croatian consulate, even said to let them klnow of the date and they would like to come down and say hello, which i thought was a nice touch.

I found Nautika very expensive in comparison to other restaurants for the meal in which they offer but the East west beach club looks fantastic and has fantasic views of both the sea and the old town,

if anyone can share some information regards flowers,photographers, music for the afters etc, i would greatly appreciate it, and I will try to help with any of the imformation that I can share!

Best of luck everyone! Hope its the day you always dreamed of!
another thing, never tell the restaurant that its for a wedding, just say its for a group, as all places seem to see the $$$$ signs! :D

Anne

wedding
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2006, 08:25:53 am »
For anyone in Ireland who wants to get married in Dubrovnik,  there is a travel agency in Dublin called Croatia Tours who assist with organising weddings in Dubrovnik.  They helped organise Anne Cassin's (newsreader on RTE) a couple of years ago!!  We went to Dubrovnik at Easter with them & met their rep over there.  She was very nice & showed us a couple of restaurants, St. Blaises' Church, the florist & samples from their photographer.  They have an admin fee of about €300 and so far have been very helpful & friendly.  They have told us precisely what paperwork we need, when we need it and what we need to do with it when we get it and they organise an English speaking priest.  They have told us that we need to be in Dubrovnik for 4 days prior to getting married and that it will be much easier for us if we have our Civil Service here in Ireland (about 4/6 weeks) before the wedding.  We are just waiting for confirmation from the Labirint Restaurant for our reception before we book our flights and accom for June 2006.  Has anyone had any experience with the Labirint Restaurant as a venue for their reception?  We had a meal there at Easter & it was beautiful.  The restaurant has a terrace overlooking the marina and a night club which opens til 4/5am and is literally 5 minutes from St. Blaise's Church & the Irish pub so it seems ideal for us!!

I hope this is of some assistance to some of you & I would really appreciate any feedback concerniing the Labirint Restaurant.
Dermot,

Best of luck with the planning, I too have booked our wedding with croatia tours, they seem to know there stuff, i am hoping to visit in June of this year to check out whats available to us as regards restaurant, florist, cake, muscians, photographer etc, I would be greatful to hear how you get on??

I have only seen the labrinit while on holiday last year and at that stage a wedding wasnt on the agenda, but it does look a fantastic venue, with excellent views, and a late bar, from looking at the web i have my eyes on east west beach club for the reception, although i have never actually seen it, (hence the trip in june 06),

Id love to hear how the planning is getting on and your impressions of everyone whom you met at easter,

thanks

Anne

Claire Omand

wedding
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2006, 03:50:46 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your info.  I am in the initial stages of planning a wedding - a bit tricky because you don't know how many people will make the big hike abroad.  

I have to say I didn't think much of Labrint when I went there for a meal - overpriced and poncy.  I think we might book Puic Palace for a meal straight after and then I'm also considering the East-West club.

I would really apprecaite any suggestions about flowers, music and photographers - I really want a decent photographer.  

Thanks,

Claire :blink:  

Anne

wedding
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2006, 04:01:04 pm »
Hi Claire,

I have just booked for june 07, I am taking a trip this may to have a look at the photographer flowers venues etc, so i will update you after that, have you booked you day and if so are you going through a traavel agent or a planner??

I got very good feedback from people as regards croatia tours so i chose to book with them, again, I will let you know how i get on but to date they have been fantastic, I love the look of the East west beach club on the internet but i havent actually seen it yet,

Anyway, keep us up to date on your planning and i will do like wise,

Most people that i have invited are jumping at the chance to go away for a wedding, so you should put the word out to get a fair idea of who will travel and then you can book venues to suit the size of your crew,

All the best

Anne

Sanela & Steve

wedding
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2006, 04:59:14 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your info.  I am in the initial stages of planning a wedding - a bit tricky because you don't know how many people will make the big hike abroad.  

I have to say I didn't think much of Labrint when I went there for a meal - overpriced and poncy.  I think we might book Puic Palace for a meal straight after and then I'm also considering the East-West club.

I would really apprecaite any suggestions about flowers, music and photographers - I really want a decent photographer.  

Thanks,

Claire :blink:
Dear Claire :)
We are a couple recently married and living in Dubrovnik.Sanela is Croatian while Steve is originally from the U.K.Having been through the process ourselves we decided to set up a company Weddings in Dubrovnik to help couples from the U.K& Eire to arrange their wedding and other special occasion in Dubrovnik Croatia. If you would like more information on how we might be able to help you, or would simply like to ask us a question please log on to our web site:

www.weddingsindubrovnik.com

We hope you find our site informative

Regards Sanela & Steve :)  

?

wedding
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2006, 02:43:18 am »
I am looking for a wedding coordinator in dubrovnik. All I am finding is people who want to put together a "package" which obviously has their mark up over the cost of the package items (flowers, photographer, etc.) I would like to be able to pay a wedding planner a flat rate for their time and service in organizing my wedding, and not a "package" price, with their fee hidden within it. I want to meet with each vendor my wedding coordinator advises and personally arrange a price with them. That way I know how much I am paying to whom and for what. I need a coordinator to help me out on the day of the wedding (paid for her time) and during my visit before the wedding to help me choose vendors (again, pay for her time). I dont like not knowing how much someone's fee is.