Main forums > Open board

Croatian Women

(1/6) > >>

rdl1972:
I just  got back from a two week vacation in Croatia , I loved it but was curious about one thing. The women of Croatia while very beautiful seemed genuinely uninterested in meeting an American. There seemed to be an ambivalence throughout Croatia towards Americans , wondering if this is due to an unpopular war in Iraq. I was suprised that it was so difficult conversing with most of the locals , I realize that my inability to speak the native language of Croatia probably had a lot to do with this. Regardless the people of Croatia are lucky to have such a beautiful country. :)  

Klepto:

Hello,

I can assure you that Americans are generelly hated no matter where in the wolrd they are, due to the fact that most American do not give a toss about other nations or nationals. Most Americans abroad will experience that a lot of non Americans will tolerate them but harbour a serious dislike for them.

Klepto.

A proud American:

--- Quote ---Post edited by Admin. If you can not keep the language polite this topic will be locked.
Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated on this forum.

--- End quote ---

Learn to separate the government from the people. Americans are some of the greatest, most giving people in the world and if you had your head out of your ass you would realize this.

Guest:

Hello,

I acan assure you that i know what i am talking about. I am an American. I was born in Houston Texas and lived now in Europe for the past 5 years. tak it from an Ex-pat. The American People are not liked much by people.

Klepto.     :ph34r:    

Thera:
I find this an interesting subject.  Being an American and having traveled abroad a few times I've found that if you approach people with respect they are much more apt to help you than if you try to be overly friendly.  Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to get to know local people but until you know them acting as if you are the good will ambassador from your home town isn't going to go over very well.  Be polite and distant until you get the hang of how they will react to you.  Most of all, enjoy that beautiful country because I've never been anyplace like Croatia and if you're lucky enough to go you'll be profoundly impressed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version