Author Topic: hotel uvala  (Read 4854 times)

maryfleming01

hotel uvala
« on: July 07, 2004, 12:21:11 am »
did anybody ever stay in Hotel Uvala

Dubrovnik Online Forum

hotel uvala
« on: July 07, 2004, 12:21:11 am »

Marco

hotel uvala
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 04:49:59 pm »
I stayed at the Hotel Vis about three weeks ago and it is situated next door to theHotel Uvala (not sure if that's how you spell it). It look very nice, new and modern. It is quite stylish and 4 stars I think. It is in a good location in Lapad and the bus stop to the old town is right outside this hotel.

Marco ;)  

Gordon Fong

hotel uvala
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 04:56:50 pm »
I stayed there with my wife for a week. I think it was its second week after opening that we turned up, so the health and beauty centre was not open and unfortunately the shower guard did not fit properly and water leaked onto the bathroom floor. The staff couldn't do much about it but gave us extra towels to soak it all up.

I really liked the hotel as I like modern and contemporary type hotels. I found that the other ones nearby were all the usual hotels with styling back in the 80's and 90's.

My wife had stayed at Hotel Cavtat back in the 80's so we visited there, and for me even though it is 5 stars, it just wasn't my taste.

That bus stop is very handy, and the route it takes is not as busy as for the hotels around the other side of Lapad Bay, as they were always packed coming back from Pile Gate.

We went for the one of the larger superior rooms facing the bay and it was big. Plenty of room to lounge about, large balcony and a superb bed.

I really liked it. Then again the styling may not be to your tastes. I don't think the hotel was full and I would have a slight concern that there may not been enough space to cater for everyone at the same time inside the bar and restaurant. We went in May so it was chilly one or two nights but then again in the summer there will be plenty of space outside.

Although the pool was not working yet when we went I am sure it will be a lavish place to chill out.

We got over £100 back in recompense for the slight lack of facilities btu I enjoyed it so much I couldn't have cared less.