Author Topic: budget accomadation  (Read 7108 times)

carman

budget accomadation
« on: April 24, 2004, 07:05:16 pm »
I am looking for a place to stay in august, there will be two us travelling for 4 nights in dubrovnik, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to stay. Checked the places to stay on the website but would prefer some help in narrowing the choice down. Personal recommendations (or places to avoid!!) would be appreciated. So a place for two lively lads, as close to the centre as possible and for as cheap as possible.
Thank you in advance.

Dubrovnik Online Forum

budget accomadation
« on: April 24, 2004, 07:05:16 pm »

Jherrma

budget accomadation
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 11:03:03 pm »
I am also looking to stay in Dubrovnik for 3-4 days in Late August.  Everything that I have read (and it is not that much) recommends that you do not make reservations in advance, but wait to be greeted upon your arrival by one of many older women (or otherwise) that will lead you back to their home to rent a room in their house.  Sounds a little romanticized to me, so it could either be great or a disaster.  I am curious to see what kind of responses you get to this.

Halina

budget accomadation
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 03:59:55 pm »
We are also looking for accommodations for approx. 5-7 days in Dubrovnik in October.  Good clean bed and a bath.  
Does anyone know what the prices are???  the weather in October??

budget accomadation
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 09:12:56 am »
As with anywhere in eastern europe, the turning up at the station and being harrassed by the old ladies with rooms is the best way to get a good cheap place to stay. Try to get hold of a map first though, because they don't all speak english and you don't want to be too far from the old town unless you want to rely on busses.

Seriously they are there and you will find a room, if you don't like it you leave the next day and find another one, there's loads all over Dubrovnik.

Eija & Keimo, Helsinki, Finl

budget accomadation
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 10:11:47 am »
Hello Dubrovnik!

We stayed in June just before midsummer a few days in Guesthouse BONACA in Dubrovnik and we are glad to recommend the guesthouse to everyone looking for a nice accommodation with a walking distance to the centre for reasonable price. Thank you, Anita!

Eija & Keimo, Helsinki, Finland

Kasper and Bente, Denmark

budget accomadation
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 08:01:25 pm »
After spending a fabulous week in Dubrovnik, we would also like to recommend Villa Bonaca. We felt very welcomed from the minut we came, and it didn't change! At villa Bonaca you get a very nice and clean room, with beautiful seaview, in walking distance of both the old citz and different beaches. And we got it for a very reasonable price as well! So nothing to complain about. We definately want to come back, and hopefully soon!

Thank you for making our week in Dubrovnik unforgetable!  :D

Best regards,

Kasper Isling and Bente Andersen, Denmark

Ian

budget accomadation
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 09:38:27 pm »
I am also planning to spend time in Dubrovnik in late August and plan on waiting to be greeted when I arrive. It worked out well for me when I went to Split last summer.