Author Topic: "Automatic teller machines"  (Read 4992 times)

brianarundel

"Automatic teller machines"
« on: September 21, 2003, 09:31:25 pm »
Do the bank atms accept cards from foreign countries does any one know.(not credit cards - i can't afford one). Has anyone ever saw the "Link" or "plus" sign over the cash point( in dubrovnik in particular ).  

Dubrovnik Online Forum

« on: September 21, 2003, 09:31:25 pm »

Posted by mladen on Jun-25-03

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 09:31:45 pm »
I don't think I have seen a LINK or plus sign on ATMs in Croatia. They usually support following
cards: Mastercard, Visa Electron, EC (EuroCheque),
Cirrus and Maestro.
Barclay's Bank Visa Connect works without problems

Posted by David Lownds on Jun-27

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 09:32:02 pm »
Most ATM machines have the Visa, Delta or Mastercard sign. I am using my cashpoint card (not credit card), that has the Visa symbol on it, and it works fine. I just used it 5 minutes ago, yes I am in Dubrovnik :). This place is superb. Be careful what your bank will charge you, my bank will charge me 3% for the transaction and Visa will charge me 2% = 5% total. I switched accounts to the Nationwide Flexaccount (UK), and there is no charges at all. When you come to Dubrovnik look out for the bar that is located overlooking the sea, you go through a hole in the city wall, sign saying cold drinks with the most beautiful view, it it sooo relaxing there.  

jay gertz

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 08:01:27 pm »
Remember there's a big difference between what you pay in interest from a bank card to getting cash with a credit card....I contacted MasterCard and even they wouldn't advise using a credit card to advance cash overseas.  Interest is compounded daily...

My wife and I are spending three weeks in Croatia this Sept. so I would like to hear more about ATMs for BANK CARDS.  Otherwise I imagine traveller's checks are easily cashable in Croatia???

jay