Author Topic: "Moving to Croatia"  (Read 12951 times)

David

"Moving to Croatia"
« on: September 21, 2003, 09:03:02 pm »
Hi,
I am living in the UK now and am interested in moving to Croatia. I would like to buy a house next to the sea.

I would appreciate advice on obtaining residence permits and buying houses.

Many thanks

David  

Dubrovnik Online Forum

"Moving to Croatia"
« on: September 21, 2003, 09:03:02 pm »

Posted by Ziggy Mrkich on Apr-18

"Moving to Croatia"
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 09:03:27 pm »
Hey
I'm interested in a similar idea for next year. As soon as I can, I'm going to contact Dubrovnik Nekretnina - the local Dubrovnik Real Estate Company. Do a search on google or call information for Dubrovnik.

Let me know if you find out anything.

Ziggy

Posted by Kerry on Apr-21-02

"Moving to Croatia"
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 09:03:53 pm »
Hi ZIggy,
I just wrote a reply to David, but forgot to include this link--it has information on the requirements for purchasing property in Croatia. Basically there are no requirements if you are coming from the US or EU countries.

http://www.visit-croatia.co.uk/property/

My husband and I just purchased a villa outside Dubrovnik. We had no luck at all with Dubrovnik Nekretnina. We eventually bought our house with the help of Amir Subasic. Some of his properties and his contact information can be found at:
http://realestate.escapeartist.com/Properties/Croatia/

Posted by Kerry on Apr-21-02

"Moving to Croatia"
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 09:04:20 pm »
David,
My husband and I just purchased a villa overlooking the ocean outside Dubrovnik. We had no luck with the realtors in the area until we
found an EXTREMELY helpful realtor, Amir Subasic. His partner is an attorney. Together they made the entire process very easy and even pleasant.
A listings of some of their properties and contact information can be found at:

http://realestate.escapeartist.com/Properties/Croatia/  

Posted by Terry on Apr-30-02

"Moving to Croatia"
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 09:04:41 pm »
Hi Kerry,
Our family has also been interested in buying a house in Dubrovnik or at least on the Island Brac. I found that the local Real Estate agency wasn't too helpful and most of all some of the web-sites don't seem to secure.

It seems that many people have a hard time settling in with the locals. My question is have you found any difficulties in adjusting and in being accepted by the locals, as well as how trusting is Amir Subasic.

Also, when you decided to purchase the property did you visit the property a few times and have you found any difficulties in making the final arrangements.

Thank you for your help and for you insight,

Terry

Posted by yvonne dolan on Jul-2

"Moving to Croatia"
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 09:05:26 pm »
I have recently purchased a fab house on the coast in slano only last month, i am going over again beginning of aug with two more irish friends to purchase more property! it is a great investment.
I would like to meet!
yvonne

Posted by Michael Jones on Jul-2

"Moving to Croatia"
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2003, 09:05:56 pm »
Yes, great idea this part of the world is so beautiful yet so cheap for us in the West, I suggest you visit the National Croatian Real Estate Board.
Michael Jones  

Paul

"Moving to Croatia"
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 09:12:06 pm »
No body seems to mention that u need permission from the Ministry of Foreign affairs to buy property in Croatia and it takes upto a year plus for clearance.
BEWARE!