Author Topic: Need some advice for Dubrovnik - Korcula  (Read 5306 times)

mavisc

Need some advice for Dubrovnik - Korcula
« on: February 13, 2006, 06:14:47 pm »
I am a senior meeting up with relatives in Korcula.  Don't want to arrive in Dubrovnik and whip off to the island - want to see the city by myself if necessary first.  So.  If I arrive in Dubrovnik in the afternoon, I can see hostels to stay in online,  not far from buses and ferries.  Question 1:  What's the best way to see Dubrovnik alone?  Do they have tour buses you can get? Question 2: I have soft luggage on a wheel cart (going on a boat, so can't take hard luggage).  Is it easier to go by bus or ferry (where I could leave my luggage, presumably, like in Greece, and have a seat and walk around, etc,)  If I took the bus, I can't afford to miss it because of overcrowding.  Would it make sense to go to the airport to get this bus, to be sure?  Or can you get tickets the day before etc.  Sorry for being so long in this post, but while I am looking forward to travelling, I have family back home freaking out at me being 'alone' in the wide world!  Hope you understand.  Any recommendations of accomodation, etc, would also be very much appreciated.  

Dubrovnik Online Forum

Need some advice for Dubrovnik - Korcula
« on: February 13, 2006, 06:14:47 pm »

Offline Orsat Munitic

• Administrator
    • Dubrovnik Online Travel Guide
Re: Need some advice for Dubrovnik - Korcula
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:27:25 am »
Hi,

A lot of questions, will try to reply to all  :)

1. If you wish to explore Old Town Dubrovnik there are public buses, from the Main Bus Station in Dubrovnik bus numbers 1A, 1B or 1C will take you to Pile Gate, entrance to Old Town.

2. If you arrive at the Main Bus Station there is a luggage storage nearby at Dubrovnik Travel Corner, http://www.dubrovnik-travelcorner.com/home/location-in-dubrovnik . The same bus numbers from above pass just 20 meters from there.

3. From Dubrovnik to Korčula you can take the bus (much faster) or the ferry. Bus tickets can be bought in advance, so when you arrive get the ticket, store your luggage at the Dubrovnik Travel Corner and you are all set to explore Old Town Dubrovnik.
Timetable for the bus from Dubrovnik to Korčula: http://www.dubrovnik-online.net/english/transportation_coach.php

Not many tourists know, but there is also a private company from Korčula that operates a bus line from Dubrovnik to Korčula, usually departing from Dubrovnik around 13.00, tickets and information can be obtained at the Dubrovnik Travel Corner.

For the ferry timetables please visit http://www.dubrovnik-online.net/english/transportation_sea.php

Korčula is also called "Small Dubrovnik", we will have a more detailed guide about this beautiful island soon.

We hope that you found the information on Dubrovnik Online to be useful. If so, please use the buttons on the left to help spread the word. Thank you for visiting !