Author Topic: Dual Canadian/Croatian Citizenship  (Read 8946 times)

Gordana Stakic

Dual Canadian/Croatian Citizenship
« on: November 05, 2005, 01:24:43 am »
I was born in Pula, in the former Yugoslavia, which is now a part of Croatia. I immigrated to Canada with my parents when I was 6 years old. I am a Canadian citizen and hold a Canadian passport. I wonder if it would be possible for me to apply for citizenship in the country of my birth, and have that citizenship in addition to my Canadian one.
Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Dubrovnik Online Forum

« on: November 05, 2005, 01:24:43 am »

Ana

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 03:41:28 am »
I was born in Pula, in the former Yugoslavia, which is now a part of Croatia. I immigrated to Canada with my parents when I was 6 years old. I am a Canadian citizen and hold a Canadian passport. I wonder if it would be possible for me to apply for citizenship in the country of my birth, and have that citizenship in addition to my Canadian one.
Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
Gordana:
I think you can obtain your citizenship., specially because you were born in Pula, maybe you never lost your citizenship...  :)
My grandfather was Croatian, and I'm doing the paperwork to obtain Croatian citizenship, if I can  then you too.
The best way to know is going or calling to Croatian Consulate or Embassy, they are great people and I'm sure you will obtain all the information you need.

Good luck :)

Ana
amskarica@yahoo.com

Offline Orsat Munitic

• Administrator
    • Dubrovnik Online Travel Guide
Re: Dual Canadian/Croatian Citizenship
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 06:11:20 pm »
More information about obtaining Croatian citizenship: http://www.mup.hr/main.aspx?id=1266#Državljanstvo

It would probably be good to check out and contact the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia in Ottawa, Canada http://ca.mfa.hr/
We hope that you found the information on Dubrovnik Online to be useful. If so, please use the buttons on the left to help spread the word. Thank you for visiting !