Author Topic: Dubrovnik to Hvar - the quickest route?  (Read 6750 times)

Georgina Crellin

Dubrovnik to Hvar - the quickest route?
« on: April 13, 2005, 06:46:57 pm »
i am travelling to Dubrovnik in May and i would then like to make my way to Hvar for a few days.  The ferry seems to take 8 hours and this would really take up too much time.  Is it possible to take a bus up the coast from Dubrovnik to Dvrenik and then get the ferry across to Sucuraj (Hvar island) ?  Otherwise should we rent a car and make this journey ourselves?  Speed is the most important factor...

Dubrovnik Online Forum

« on: April 13, 2005, 06:46:57 pm »

John Kibler

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 02:30:29 am »
Hi Georgina,

I can't answer your question, but maybe you can answer mine.  I'd like to to travel from Dubrovnik to Hvar Town to Split in late August / early September, but I can't seem to find very clear info on ferry schedules (especially the hydrofoils).  Can you post a link?  Also, if you figured out your speed question, that info would be great b/c speed is a factor for me as well.

Thanks,
John

Jim Hogan

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 06:16:24 am »
After couple nights in Dubrovnik (our first nights of our vacation), my wife and I will be renting a car in Dubrovnik, driving up to Makarska for 4 nights, then taking the car ferry from Drevnik to Sucaraj on Hvar Isalnd (30 minute ferry ride), then on to Hvar Town.  I haven't seen the ferry schedule yet for this summer, but a ferry runs back and forth about every 2 hours or so (daily).

Our first trip to Croatia (6/18 - 7/2)!!!!

Jeanneo

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 04:36:41 pm »
i am travelling to Dubrovnik in May and i would then like to make my way to Hvar for a few days.  The ferry seems to take 8 hours and this would really take up too much time.  Is it possible to take a bus up the coast from Dubrovnik to Dvrenik and then get the ferry across to Sucuraj (Hvar island) ?  Otherwise should we rent a car and make this journey ourselves?  Speed is the most important factor...
Yes, you can take a bus to Drvenik and the ferry across to Sucuraj. Your problem would be getting from Sucuraj to Hvar Town. You would need to reserve a taxi or try to persuade one of your fellow passengers to give you a lift!
Jeanneo