Author Topic: "Dubrovnik and Medjugorje"  (Read 12118 times)

Filip

"Dubrovnik and Medjugorje"
« on: September 21, 2003, 08:31:04 pm »
Hi all
On August 29, I visit Dubrovnik for the first time.

On September 2, I am leaving already again.

the reasons of my visit are:
1 to visit the old city of Dubrovnik
2 to walk along the beach
3 to do a short pilgrimage to Medjugorje.

As I arrive at 08.05 in the morning, after have woken up at around 02.30, I can not wait untill 17.00 for the bus to Medjugorje.

This means I have to stay the 1st night in Dubrovnik, the 2nd and 3th night in Medjugorje, and the 4th night in Dubrovnik.

The cheapest accomodation offered so far was in the old town, for € 42 a night.

But for this price, I found out, I can almost rent an appartment.

So, I am still trying to get cheaper accomodation.

Anyhow, if you have advice, you can give it to me. I would appreciate it!

And also about the transport to Medjugorje. It is a pity there is only 1 bus a day, at 17.15 or so, and 1 bus back from Medjugorje, at 06.10 in the morning or so. Are there any other possibilities?

Thanks and kind regards

Filip

Dubrovnik Online Forum

« on: September 21, 2003, 08:31:04 pm »

Posted by k on Aug-30-03

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 08:31:28 pm »
I think 42 euros is a decent price....Anyway, if you didnt go to Međugorje yet, there are other options. Agencies Atlas (++385 20 44 22 22) & Elite (++385 20 358 301) do daily excursions to there.  

lily

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 01:53:10 am »
I´m looking for any info about bus trips from dubrovnik to medjugorje, times places to catch the bus, costs. anything would be helpful.
thanks
lily

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 12:54:44 am »
Hi all
On August 29, I visit Dubrovnik for the first time.

On September 2, I am leaving already again.

the reasons of my visit are:
1 to visit the old city of Dubrovnik
2 to walk along the beach
3 to do a short pilgrimage to Medjugorje.

As I arrive at 08.05 in the morning, after have woken up at around 02.30, I can not wait untill 17.00 for the bus to Medjugorje.

This means I have to stay the 1st night in Dubrovnik, the 2nd and 3th night in Medjugorje, and the 4th night in Dubrovnik.

The cheapest accomodation offered so far was in the old town, for € 42 a night.

But for this price, I found out, I can almost rent an appartment.

So, I am still trying to get cheaper accomodation.

Anyhow, if you have advice, you can give it to me. I would appreciate it!

And also about the transport to Medjugorje. It is a pity there is only 1 bus a day, at 17.15 or so, and 1 bus back from Medjugorje, at 06.10 in the morning or so. Are there any other possibilities?

Thanks and kind regards

Filip
good to hear you are travelling to medjugorje. I have been to medjugorje four times since my first visit in july last year. if you need any info just let me know. I am also arriving via dubrovnik on this visit to medjugorje on 08/07/05 and any tips for cheap accomodation travel etc would be great. god bless from scotland gerry.

mpags85

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 07:32:25 pm »
Hello all,

My name is Marc.  I am 26 and from the USA.  I will be coming to Dubrovnik on 23 July 2005 and departing on 26 July 2005.  I would like to visit Medjugorje on 24 July 2005 for the day and head back to Dubrovnik and get back that same evening.  Is this possible by bus or train?  What time do the buses depart and arrive?  How much does a round-trip ticket cost?  If anyone else has any tips or is looking to go along, please email me at mpags85@hotmail.com.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Have a great day.

Regards,

Marc

Tom

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 02:31:53 pm »
Bus between Dubrovnik and Medjugorje:

Departure from Dubrovnik 5:15 PM (Timetables for international lines from Dubrovnik)

No trains available !
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:04:45 pm by Orsat Munitic »

mpags85

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 08:10:42 pm »
Thanks for your help Tom.