Author Topic: wedding in Dubrovnik  (Read 144138 times)

HF

wedding
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 05:05:06 am »
Mel and Jim,
Travelhouse charge a flat fee for services, paid by comission, hourly pay or how? I know all wedding agencies charge differently so I wonder how this one makes its money. Does anyone know how the other agency that has been mentioned gloria-weddings charges?

I have looked at the two villas you mention online when thinking about honeymoon. They look both look lovely, so I dont know what to tell you. Consider the location - I believe one is in more rural area, the other in a town. Try to visit beforehand.

Dubrovnik Online Forum

wedding
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 05:05:06 am »

Michelle

wedding
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2005, 06:24:22 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I too am looking to get married in Dubrovnik but I can't find any information about how long you need to be in the country before you can marry. For e.g. in France you need to be in the country for 2 months and in Italy it is 4 days. If anyone has any information that would be great thanks. :)  

help pls

wedding
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 06:28:43 am »
I am looking for a good wedding photographer and videographer in Dubrovnik area. Any suggestions?  

Michelle

wedding
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 08:12:31 pm »
Hi
I am wondering if anyone can help me I am having great difficulty finding out how long one has to be in the country prior to a catholic church wedding. I have rang all the embassys and spent hours on line but to no use. I have heard 5 days but I have also heard 28 days. I cannot proceed any further with the planning unless I know how long I need to be in the country. If anyone has any details I would be very grateful. Also does anyone know how much it costs to hire Rectors palace terrace as I am having difficulty finding this information also.
We are both Irish citizens.
Thank you for any help. :)  

Mel and Jim

wedding
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 10:40:37 pm »
Dear HF,

Travel House helps you to design a wedding package according to your needs.  They then quote you a flat-rate price for these services.  The full amount is due 30 days prior to the wedding date.  I have had very good luck with this company so far.  They have assigned us a personal planner to work with and the service has been very good.  The prices do not seem to unreasonable either.  Thank you for your advise on the Villa.  Any other information anyone has on the Villa Ariston in the town of Opatija is appreciated!

Thank you once again Kristina for the information on this legal website!

Cheers,
Mel and Jim

To mel and jim

wedding
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 02:59:52 am »
Bit of common sense - dont pay the full amount up front. Where is there motivation to do good job? Compromise with agency, say youll pay cetain portion in advance and the rest at the end of the wedding day. I think 50% in advance is plenty. Also, make sure you have a contract stating precisely everything included in package. I am confident this agency will make your dream wedding, however my interests would be in making sure everything runs smoothly during the day. Also, if anything that is in contract is not done correctly or provided for on the wedding day you will be able to deduct that charge instead of them already having the money. This goes for all wedding agencies in general.

wedding
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2005, 04:56:21 pm »
We are getting married on the 19th August in Dubrovnik - this year. So will keep you posted.  We are from Aust. and New Zealand and it has been a little hard but we are also using Ana @ Gloria Weddings - she has been great

wedding
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2005, 04:59:51 pm »
you don't have to be in the counrty before you get married - just have all your documents verified, completed and filed with the Dubrovnik registry min 30 days before.

You will also require an aposteille with your birth certificate.  If you are Australian this can be done with the Australian embassy in zagreb.  They have been great!

e

wedding
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2005, 12:12:04 pm »
HI P,
 I AM ALSO FROM IRELAND AND GETTING MARRIED IN DUBROVNIK NEXT JUNE. WE ARE STAYING IN THE DUBROVNIK PALACE AND HAVING THE MEAL THERE. HOWEVER WE WOULD LOVE TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR OUR GUESTS  THAT NIGHT eg. A NIGHT CRUISE OR SOMETHING SIMILIAR. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Fran

wedding
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 02:02:12 pm »
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how many days you have to be in Dubrovnik, Croatia before a Catholic Wedding Ceremony is allowed.  About to start organising my wedding there for next June, but this is the one question I can't seem to get any answers to.

Thanks,
Fran.

Heather

wedding
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2005, 12:05:55 pm »
Hi,
We are from Ireland and want to have a small wedding in Dubrovnik.
We have contacted Gloria, Travelhouse, the posted email on this forum from nibo and the tip we received on this forum about Zeljana.
These are our impressions....
Gloria> her ideas were unoriginal and expensive. She was not helpfull about the documents either. When we found out she does not even come to see how the wedding day evolves (she sends a young hostess) we decided against her.
Travelhouse> they seem a good company but they are not based in Dubrovnik, they are depending on someone local which did not give us much confidence to proceed. Also... when going into detail they needed time to find out the information which confirmes us that they are better at organising weddings in their region.
Nibo> she is new to the wedding business but had good ideas, she has send us many emails with information and pictures and was clear about local procedures. Her advice is structured and to the point, our impression was immediately good.
Zeljana> she is very friendly but is employed by the Dubrovnik Palace Hotel, hence only organises weddings when you want to have your wedding dinner at the hotel. This does not interest us since we want to elope and have an original wedding day.

Result> we decided to go ahead with option 3, Nina. Our wedding will be in a few weeks. I will let you know how it all went.
Heather.

Fran

wedding
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2005, 12:22:03 pm »
Heather,

The very best of luck with your wedding.  I hope it goes well for you.  I have been in contact with a lot of people, and have a friend who got married over there (civil).  So I have decided that I am going to go to Dubrovnik and make the arrangements myself, based on advice I have been getting.   Please let me know how your wedding goes, and any tips.  Also let me know where your reception was.  

Fingers crossed for you that you have the day of your life.

Regards,

Fran. :D

joan w.

wedding
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 01:39:17 pm »
Heather,

The very best of luck with your wedding.  I hope it goes well for you.  I have been in contact with a lot of people, and have a friend who got married over there (civil).  So I have decided that I am going to go to Dubrovnik and make the arrangements myself, based on advice I have been getting.   Please let me know how your wedding goes, and any tips.  Also let me know where your reception was. 

Regards,

Hi there,

I am having a wedding next year at Dubrovnik Palace Hotel and this lady Zjelana is doing everything for us.
I am glad to hear that she has good comments regarding her work since I have been a little bit nervous about having it done at a foreign country. I also got information from my friends' colleagues at work who got married at Palace that she is highly professional so I hope it will work out  fine...so far I am happy with how everything is going. we are slowly going through everything and I will be coming to Dubrovnik this winter to personally take a look at the sites and so on. never been there, but I have heard it is great...
how are the music options in the city? music is very important to me and I do not know what to expect?  

Guest_Fran

wedding
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2005, 03:20:03 pm »
Heather,

The very best of luck with your wedding.  I hope it goes well for you.  I have been in contact with a lot of people, and have a friend who got married over there (civil).  So I have decided that I am going to go to Dubrovnik and make the arrangements myself, based on advice I have been getting.   Please let me know how your wedding goes, and any tips.  Also let me know where your reception was.  

Regards,

Hi there,

I am having a wedding next year at Dubrovnik Palace Hotel and this lady Zjelana is doing everything for us.
I am glad to hear that she has good comments regarding her work since I have been a little bit nervous about having it done at a foreign country. I also got information from my friends' colleagues at work who got married at Palace that she is highly professional so I hope it will work out  fine...so far I am happy with how everything is going. we are slowly going through everything and I will be coming to Dubrovnik this winter to personally take a look at the sites and so on. never been there, but I have heard it is great...
how are the music options in the city? music is very important to me and I do not know what to expect?
Hi Joan,

It's all very exciting isn't it.  My friend who got married there last year moved around a lot just the day.  They had a drink's reception first in one venue, the meal/reception in another, and then moved onto a small restaurant to finish the day off.  They had a jazz band (which the restaurant owner organised), which she said were good and kept everyone happy.  I saw her wedding album, and the setting is amazing.

I have heard quite a few recommendations for your wedding organiser, do you mind if I ask you how much she is costing you.  Does she just look after weddings in the Palace  Also is she looking after all the documentation eg. church/civil, interpeter etc.

When are you getting married :lol:  We are nearly ready to book it for the 1st June.  Just a few more little details to tie up.  

Best of luck,

Fran.

peter

wedding
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2005, 03:07:02 pm »
Hi Guys,
We too are exploring the idea of getting married over in Dubrovnik in late summer time 2006 (a little while off yet) ..... however we are quite clueless as to how everything actually works!
What is the general procedure for foreigners marrying over there ie. Can we have a church wedding? Do we need a seperate blessing? Will it be a fully 'lawful' weeding? .... sorry for the ignorance but we don't really know where to start!!

Also ... is there any information available about Churches/Chapels that would carry out a wedding service??

I'd reallyappreciate some good advice, and really good luck with the weddings.

Cheers
Darren.
It's quite difficult to find information regarding wedding venue's in debrovnik, especially if your clueless......