Author Topic: wedding in Dubrovnik  (Read 132688 times)

JCH

Re: wedding
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2007, 04:56:41 pm »
Hello,

My partner and I are gettin married May 08, at the Sponza Palace and the Taverna Rustica. Has anyone been to the Taverna, and also has anyone heard the guitar player recommended by Nina Bos?? I am completely lost on what music to walk down tpo??

Dubrovnik Online Forum

« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2007, 04:56:41 pm »

bride2beireland

« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2007, 11:34:43 am »
Hi Sanja,

Your wedding day sounded just perfect!  I am currently in the middle of organising my wedding for June 2008, and would really appreciate if you could pass on your website address so I could view your photos.  We have been looking into holding the reception at the Dubrovnic Palace, but may change my mind now from reading your post.  My e-mail address is leane.grahame@hotmail.com

Many Thanks,  :)

Leane.

loopylocket

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2007, 08:11:03 pm »
Hi Sanja
We're hoping to get married in Dubrovnik in 2010 (we got getting engaged at Krka Waterfalls in Croatia this summer) - we'd love to see your photos if you couls email me the link

loopylocket@sky.com

Thank you so much
Loopylocket

melissa

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2007, 12:16:55 am »
Hi Sanja,

We will be working with Nina for our upcoming wedding in June 08.  Would love to see your photos! My only concern is the photographer.  I really want to make sure they capture our wedding memories adequately. 

Thanks and take care,

Melissa

Ingvild

« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2007, 09:26:36 pm »
Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your help and advice - this is a great source for hints and tips. Can anyone tell me how much they spent on a wedding i Dubrovnik in total? I'm on a tight budget and it would be great to get an idea of the final figure... (Fr=ingers crossed it's not too high!)

Best wishes,
Ingvild

Kat

Saint Blasius
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2008, 09:24:18 am »
Warning:  for those of you planning to marry in St Blasius it will be underoing renovations lasting until October 2008.  All weddings have been rerouted to the cathedral.  Just found this out for my Sept wedding-  bit bummed, byt the cathedral is pretty as well.

Pea

« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2008, 10:52:20 pm »
Hi Melissa,

We got married in Dubrovnik last September and I'd highly recommend Nina's photographer. Our photos were fantastic. However the videographer wasn't so good. We had our reception at the Vala Beach Club at the Dubrovnik Palace hotel and it was the most beautiful setting. Have fun!  :)

debs72

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2008, 12:04:52 am »
Hi I was wondering could anybody help me Im  looking for a wedding planner in croatia and i have been emailing Anita from weddingsincroatia.net. she seems really nice but I cant find anybody who has used her before. Can anybody recommend her

nella

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2008, 08:59:56 pm »
Hi debs72, she's got loads of v. good testimonials on her website, did you ask her to put you in touch with previous couples?
I don't have a coordinator yet, but I've set my mind on the Bellevue beach venue and they are very keen to help me with everything, did anyone work with them before?

SarahRo

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2008, 09:01:10 pm »
Hi, I'm looking to hire a simple summer wedding gown, can anyone send a link where to start looking?
Much appreciated,
Sarah

Joanne

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2008, 02:33:19 pm »
Hi All,

My Fiance and i are currently in the process of arranging our wedding Dubrovnik for September this year.  We have been dealing with Nina Bos - and she has been extremely helpful so far both over the phone and via email, however i would appreciate if someone who has already used her services could give us some feedback on how it all went on the day.

After much consideration, we have decided to get married in a civil ceremony in Villa Banac, Cavtat on the terrace with views overlooking the sea.  Our guests will then be transported by boat back to Dubrovnik for the reception which is to take place in Gil's Restaurant within the city walls.

Has anyone visited Gil's before - can you give me some feedback as we were a little concerned that it might be a tad expensive for drinks after the reception and we don't want to be pricing our guests out of having a good time!!

If we do decide that it is too expensive to stay after the meal - can someone recommend a good alternative bar that we can go to where there will be good music for all ages (our age range of guests goes from 10-79......so we need to cater for all tastes!!)

Thanks in advance to anyone with comments!! :)

Joanne

VickyA

« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2008, 11:14:21 am »
We're getting married in Dubrovnik in May 2009 and I would love to see your wedding pictures as it really does sound like the perfect day! (vickyattwell@btinternet.com)

Aine

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2008, 09:23:33 pm »
hello everyone,

I have almost ready my wedding for next june, my only problem is the photographer!. I want to have really good pictures in a very relax way. I have been contact few in Dubrovnik and I am not very happy with them. Any good one to recommend?  Please !!!!

Thanks ,
Aine

my wedding

« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2008, 07:05:48 pm »
Hello,

We got married in Dubrovnik last June. We had booked our wedding with Dubrovnik Riviera Weddings.
I think many of you are wondering what the endresults are of planning a wedding abroad, so here comes our story for those of you that want to hear feedback.

1. the wedding planner: we are so happy to have decided to work with this agency. Allthough at some stages it took a while before Nina replied to an email, it was well worth the wait. She has always been honest, helpfull, direct and had some good ideas of which we never would have thought. She has also surrounded herself with a very reliable team, the price this company charged us is well worth the investment.

2. the ceremony: we decided to have our ceremony at the sponza palace. What a fantastic setting. DRW organised the whole thing: set up, booking, payment, decor, officiant and even helped us to personalise our wedding ceremony. I was happy to have chosen this location, allthough you do not have the sea view. The building is so lovely and in the old town itself, we felt fortunate to say our vows in such a nice surrounding. The pictures we have from the ceremony are absolutely great. We have only one negative point: the officiant! She was dressed like she was going to the market, her hair looked like she just got out of bed and during the whole ceremony she maybe smiled only once! It was not appropriate at all.

3. the dinner: we booked the grand villa argentina to have our wedding dinner outdoors on their terrace. The terrace has a sea view and is located between the hotel building and the sea. Guests from the hotel cannot see you because the terrace is located much lower than the main hotel building, this was an important and decisive factor for us. We were very impressed by the venue, and because this hotel had contacted our wedding planner and asked for some kind of cooperation before, we had the impression they were really keen on the wedding business. We chose the grand villa argentina above the palm terrace because they allowed music until 2am at that low terrace (it is quite far from the hotel building). At the palm terrace you had to stop all music at midnight, we were not interested in that at all.
The start went smooth: DRW booked the date and we started discussing menus. The real surprise came when we went to see the hotel to talk about the dinner details a few months later. We were welcomed by sales representative Sanela, who knew almost nothing and had to check with her boss for every little detail. She also said that the hotel now charged 50 euro per table to set it up at the terrace and 9 euro per chaircover. These were new rules they had implemented after we booked the date. We were stunned by such arrogance. To rent a torch (the metal ones with a real flame) they charged 50 euro rental! We had the impression that this hotel had obvioulsy received several wedding requests and they now thought they can ask for anything. Our wedding planner seemed just as upset as we were. We ended up not paying for these charges but it took a lot of discussion between our wedding planner and the hotel to get to that stage.
After all that came the icing on the cake: the hotel said the beach bar (there is a small bar where you can order drinks and snacks for beach guests) closes at 11.30h, and so no drinks can be served after that! Again... discussion. I could not believe it. The hotel actually made us pay for the waiters just to keep the bar open, when we all know they earn on the drinks consumed! Then Sanela also said music had to stop at midnight when that was a main reason for us to book there!

The whole dinner booking was messy. I do not believe it had to do with our wedding planner, I know she has been in business for a while and we checked several of her previous couples before booking. We saw her twice before the wedding, she is a pro. We found it hard to believe that a five star venue can have such a poor business attitude towards a wedding couple that is spending thousands of euros in one night. Maybe that means nothing to them, but it did mean a lot to us. The dinner turned out to be fine, the food was nice and we ended up staying long past midnight, but the amount of stress they gave us before was just too much.

I would not know what we would have done if we would have had to speak to the hotel directly regarding all these issues. I started talking to them before we contacted DRW but it got me nowhere. Now, looking back, I am so happy I stopped doing that.

Music: we hired a local DJ who was great. Nina put us in touch with each other, he was really nice.

Flowers: all the flowers of the whole day were organised by DRW, we decided upon a theme and they made sure this theme was respected in all venues / details. Easy.

Rehearsal dinner: we wanted something exclusive with excellent food. Nina reccommended Gils. We went there and absolutely loved it. You cannot miss that place!
It is an experience if you are a food lover, like we are.

So, looking back on it all, we did have a dream wedding. It was everything I hoped it to be. I just wished we woud not have had all these issues with the Hotel grand villa argentina. It does give me a bitter feeling at times, but all of our guests did not know and they all said the organisation was flawless.

We are married, that is the most important, and we had  a dream wedding in the end. I hope you will have too! Now, we are off on our delayed honeymoon! Carribean, here we come!!

Offline Rozz

« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2008, 11:45:24 am »
hello everyone,

I have almost ready my wedding for next june, my only problem is the photographer!. I want to have really good pictures in a very relax way. I have been contact few in Dubrovnik and I am not very happy with them. Any good one to recommend?  Please !!!!

Thanks ,
Aine

Hi Aine,
I have my wedding in Dubrovnik next May and was recommended a fantastic photographer. I have some of her stuff on my email, feel free to contact me at rozzmcg@gmail.com.
Best regards,
Roisin