Author Topic: private accomodation/apartments dubrovnic  (Read 11040 times)

grapejuice

private accomodation/apartments dubrovnic
« on: August 12, 2004, 03:42:40 pm »
hello:

can anyone recomend to me a good private accomodation place in dubrovnic, preferably close to the old town that would do a double room for a couple for a decent price?

also, has anyone had any experience staying at hotel orhan? it seems cheap and in a good location, but i was wondering if perhaps it's a little shabby?

thanks,

grapejuice  

Dubrovnik Online Forum

« on: August 12, 2004, 03:42:40 pm »

pipi

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 06:42:11 pm »
Please, contact me on mail: pipidugacarapa@hi.htnet.hr

Joanne

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 03:16:05 pm »
hello:

can anyone recomend to me a good private accomodation place in dubrovnic, preferably close to the old town that would do a double room for a couple for a decent price?

also, has anyone had any experience staying at hotel orhan? it seems cheap and in a good location, but i was wondering if perhaps it's a little shabby?

thanks,

grapejuice
I would also really appreciate similar tips re private accomodation. Thanks! Joanne :D  

sanja

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 04:32:34 pm »
If you reserve accommodation on the Internet be very careful but be particularly careful with apartment "MATEJ" Zaton. The advertisement shows 6-person apartment with private beach 20m from sea. In reality it is the house across the Adriatic Motorway, the terace is used together with the owner's family and to recah the beach (which may accomodate 2 persons) you have to cross the Motorway, another road and to go downstairs, at least 120m all in all. Not to mention the noise from the Motorway all night. They asked for advance (and did not return it) and said that the mistake was made on the Internet.

Thera

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 01:43:08 am »
My boyfriend and I traveled from Split to Hvar to Dubrovnik and found rooms and apartments just by talking to people.  In Dubrovnik we chatted to a waiter in a restaurant and in less than an hour we were being shown an apartment in the Old Town.  If you arrive and want a safe but less adventurous alternative, book into a hotel.  Otherwise, just show up and talk to people.  

bernard

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 07:02:19 pm »
My boyfriend and I traveled from Split to Hvar to Dubrovnik and found rooms and apartments just by talking to people.  In Dubrovnik we chatted to a waiter in a restaurant and in less than an hour we were being shown an apartment in the Old Town.  If you arrive and want a safe but less adventurous alternative, book into a hotel.  Otherwise, just show up and talk to people.
:huh:
as anyone an idea about prices for an appartment?

Thera

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 10:25:35 pm »
It depends on the time of year.  Summer rates are much higher than off season.

tabbycat

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 01:43:22 pm »
I went to Dubrovnik last year and loved it so much. We stayed at Villa Odak which I would definitely recommend. It can be found on this site under the accommodation link.