Author Topic: Croatian Women  (Read 74161 times)

rdl1972

Croatian Women
« on: July 19, 2004, 11:47:47 pm »
I just  got back from a two week vacation in Croatia , I loved it but was curious about one thing. The women of Croatia while very beautiful seemed genuinely uninterested in meeting an American. There seemed to be an ambivalence throughout Croatia towards Americans , wondering if this is due to an unpopular war in Iraq. I was suprised that it was so difficult conversing with most of the locals , I realize that my inability to speak the native language of Croatia probably had a lot to do with this. Regardless the people of Croatia are lucky to have such a beautiful country. :)  

Dubrovnik Online Forum

Croatian Women
« on: July 19, 2004, 11:47:47 pm »

Klepto

Croatian Women
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 11:37:03 am »

Hello,

I can assure you that Americans are generelly hated no matter where in the wolrd they are, due to the fact that most American do not give a toss about other nations or nationals. Most Americans abroad will experience that a lot of non Americans will tolerate them but harbour a serious dislike for them.

Klepto.

A proud American

Croatian Women
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 06:38:12 pm »
Post edited by Admin. If you can not keep the language polite this topic will be locked.
Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated on this forum.

Learn to separate the government from the people. Americans are some of the greatest, most giving people in the world and if you had your head out of your ass you would realize this.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 08:27:12 am by admin »

Croatian Women
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 10:54:03 am »

Hello,

I acan assure you that i know what i am talking about. I am an American. I was born in Houston Texas and lived now in Europe for the past 5 years. tak it from an Ex-pat. The American People are not liked much by people.

Klepto.     :ph34r:    

Thera

Croatian Women
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 01:56:09 am »
I find this an interesting subject.  Being an American and having traveled abroad a few times I've found that if you approach people with respect they are much more apt to help you than if you try to be overly friendly.  Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to get to know local people but until you know them acting as if you are the good will ambassador from your home town isn't going to go over very well.  Be polite and distant until you get the hang of how they will react to you.  Most of all, enjoy that beautiful country because I've never been anyplace like Croatia and if you're lucky enough to go you'll be profoundly impressed.

Snack Cakes

Croatian Women
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 12:04:11 am »
I am Canadian and always make it very clear when I'm traveling that I'm not American. I do live in America, am marrying an American and of course have many good friends who are American. That said, the stereotype of the ugly American exists for a reason, and I don't want to be mistaken for one. There are too many Americans - and people from othre countries, for that matter - that travel to foreign places and then constantly expect things to be like home and disparage differences in customs, cuisine, etc. There are too many Americans too proud of living in the superpower nation of the world. Those people need to eat some humble pie, shut their mouths and appreciate the culture of the place they're in. Otherwise they should just stay home.

When traveling, I can always pick out that loud, intrusive American voice that rises above the din....

That's my two cents' worth.

Damir L

Croatian Women
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 02:37:10 am »
Look to be honest, you guys pulled through WW2, helped the right countries, always speak about the democratic way no matter how long it takes.  Then it comes to helping Croatia or influnceing western european countries to allow croatia to become a country outside of jugoslavia.  YOU LET US DOWN!!!!!!  We were part of the only comunist (I REFUSE TO SPELL IT AS IT SHOULD NOT BE SPOKEN OF) eastern countries who looked west.  YOU LET US DOWN!!!!!  It suxs but we tend to remember things for EVER!!!  My advice is make up for it, step up and understand that the rest of the world does not need the 'Your either with us or against us'  Remember life goes on, it always has even before USA.....

a croat

Croatian Women
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 09:20:08 pm »
i am sorry if you rdl1972 got the impression that croatians do not like americans, because i think that we do like american people very much, at least a vast majority of us
maybe we don't like the present american administration and what it is doing around the world, but we do feel a great respect and gratefulness to the former american administration, that of the president bill clinton
we think that without american support and its recognition of our right to freedom and peace we would have hardly liberated our country, it would still be 1/3 occupied by terrorists and rebels protected by some european countries and even by the un forces
and all you guys would be afraid to come and visit our nice towns and places like dubrovnik, not to mention that we would have still been living in fear
i think that the war and all the struggle we have had in the past to survive in this troublesome region have made people of croatia somehow indifferent and uninterested in the "big" western world, which has so so often pretended to give us lectures while not allowing us some fundamental human rights

Vianna

Croatian Women
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 10:36:36 pm »
Well, I'd like to say as a matter of fact I am a croatian woman (right now on a 3 months stay in the US) and I would say that I have NOTHING against Americans at all ....as someone mentioned that Americans cannot be judged because of a descision the US Government made is not just - AT ALL! I TOTALLY and wholeheartedly agree!!! I find Americans to be a very pleasant people and very warm and welcoming. It is my second long visit to America and I seriously have to say they have treated me as a princess. I have been welcomed in the BEST way ....even better than in Europe (I live in Europe!)... so you go figure!  :rolleyes:

It is sad to know that the Americans are hated because of an issue that the Government has created by interferring in the Iraque war. It has NOTHING to do with the American people in general - as I have experienced most Americans seem to be AGAINST this Iraque war. And about USA letting down on Croatia when Croatia was in war with it's greatest enemy SERBIA - that was indeed very depressing that US didn't help us (since they are a big power and help nations in need) but as God says forgive .....even your enemies! That is something we need to live with - God is in charge of Judging , not us!

So YOU American guy(s), don't fret - you just haven't met the right croatian woman....YET!   :o   :D

BTW, just one curious thing WHY interested in croatian women of ALL the women in the world? I concider it to be an honor to know you are interested in us... :)  Pls share your thought on this matter....  :rolleyes:  

joshua

Croatian Women
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 07:02:29 am »
Vianna, I'm new to this forum, and am not a member. I came across your message while doing a search for "what do croatian women think of american men".

I'm interested in visiting croatia, one of the beach cities. I'm interested in coratian women, because i've heard many of them are beautiful and kind. In southern california, where I live, there is no shortage of beautiful women, but I consider 99% of them to be undesirable because they are spoiled and they are untrustable liars. I've decided that I will eventually marry either a foreign woman, or an american woman from somewhere like oklahoma (a state in the middle of america that most people dont think about).

I'm sick of American women.

If your interested in helping me, I would very much appreciate it. I'd like to learn more about Croatia, where a good place to go as a tourist, and if its true that croatian women are good quality. Perhaps what I've heard is wrong, and Croatian women are just as much as a problem as american women. If you have some friends that I should meet, well, that would certainly be appreciated!!!

I'm 32, white, good looking (so i've been told), and good with women. I make a good living, and want to eventually find a woman that I can marry. Dont get me wrong, I dont want to get married right away, but instead I want to find a woman worth marrying. I also want to travel the world, and have already been to 7 countries.

If you want to help me, I would be in your debt.

Email me at croat.10.spamspam@spamgourmet.com   (yes, strange address, it will forward to my normal email).

Thank you...

K-

Croatian Women
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 02:36:10 pm »
Hello to all - I ran across this post somehow while surfing through google and found that I had to just throw my two cents in.  About me, I am a US expat and have worked overseas for about six years.  This includes croatia.  I spend time on the Croatian coast every year diving and sailing.  And let me just say that the people are nice and I have never had any problems.  Just like any American who is travelling, keep a low profile, dont be loud and obnoxious, learn the language and learn the traditions and you will fit in fine with no problems.  I have dated Croatian women and they are fantastic.  Just do not make the mistake of thinking that the women in the US and Croatia are the same, they are not by any means.  Just like the men in the US are not the same as anywhere else.  

The point here is that everyone must adopt a "global" point of view and quit being such an arse about Americans.  I have seen some VERY loud Irish, obnoxious UK and lazy EU people, so lets not throw stones.  There are a lot of point and counter points here, but it is pointless, judge a person and not the country they come from.  Believe me when I say everyone is different.  

Why Croatian women?  Well, I say why not Croatian women??? They are fabulous and have a tremendous sense of style and personality.

K-

Noel

Croatian Women
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 04:05:11 pm »
Being someone who lived in America for a number of years (Easy and West coasts) I find it pathetic how much you need other people to like you. The men spend all day chasing women, and can't handle rejection. When they travel it's worse, they have egos on par with the english and when women are not sufficiently wowed by their presence. they assume it is the women who have the problem

WAKE UP for chists sake loser

tell me Noel....

Croatian Women
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 12:40:47 am »
Do most of the women in Croatia lie and cheat on their men? Do they believe they have equal rights but NOT equal responsibility?

I never said I had a problem with women not being interested in me, in fact I do quite well with even the most stuck-up princesses. The problem is that too many beautiful women on both coasts think that if they don't get caught cheating then it never happened. They have no morals. They can not be trusted.

Of course there are pleanty of good quality women, but they are either married or have a boyfriend, or hidden away for some reason. I rarely find these types of women on the coast in southern california.

If you think american and british men are bad, go to Brazil or Italy and see how they treat their women. Many of them lie and cheat on their women, its a part of the culture.

- joshua

Are you serious?

Croatian Women
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 06:05:25 am »
First off, I do not think anyone in Croatia was thinking negatively about either you or Klepto simply because youre American. Thats a little presumptuous, isnt it? While Klepto has said hes been in Europe, he never mentioned Croatia in specific. Croatians generally do not care about the U.S. and the war in Iraq, just like Americans probably didnt think too much about Croatia nor the Homeland War of the 90s.

About the women... did you ever think they just werent interested in you??? Women as hot as them obviously have high standards.

Oh, and Croatian women are gorgeous and make great wives. They are honest, caring, intelligent, and very family-oriented. Of course there are always some oddballs... mainly in cities. Stick to smaller cities and towns if looking for the perfect wife.  

nicaze

Croatian Women
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 05:28:11 am »
Croatian woman are like that.. they dont want you to think that they are into you.. just impress them with the $ or why even bother with Croatian woman there is plenty of woman from Chehoslovakia mostly topless lol